Selected talks and presentations, handouts
Meetings where I have participated and presented
- 16.17. oktoober 2004 Seminar Formaalsed meetodid tarkvara- ja süsteemitehnikas Pedase.
Ettekanne: (Bio)Informaatikast ülikoolis ja ettevõtluses
- 1.-3.10.2004 Theory days @ Veskisilla
- Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB-04), Glasgow - 2 posters.
- ATD project Kick-off meeting, Marseille, France, March 23, 2004.
- 2004 World Wide Biobank Summit, France, IBM, La Gaude, March 17,18, 2004
- Microarray Data Analysis - a NMC/CBU Course. Bergen, Norway, February 2.-6., 2004
- Data Mining and Microarrays: EBI Industry support workshop. EBI (Dec. 8-9)
- V Taller de Bioinformatica Habana, 2003: Bioinformatics of Microarrays and
Regulatory squence analysis, Nov. 17-21, Cuba. (3 lectures and 1 practical)
- Biotechnology Havana 2003. Biotechnology Havana 2003: Medical
applications of Biotechnology. Gene Regulation Bioinformatics.
- Estonian Computer Sceience Theory days at Pedase. 3.-5.10.2003
Presentation: Studying gene regulation using data mining techniques.
- Microarray data: untapped powers and hidden weaknesses Sept 8.-9. 2003, Leuven, Belgium (presentation).
Meeting report and presentations web site
- ISSCB 2003, Warsaw, Aug 31-Sep 5 (4 lectures)
- Microarray data standards, databases, analysis
- Pattern discovery and its applications to promoter analysis, protein function analysis
- Functional genomics and data integration
- Population genetics and pharmacogenetics based on EGeen and Estonian Genome Project experience
- World genetics Congr. Melbourne (Jul 6-11) (no presentation)
- ISMB03 Brisbane (Jun 27-Jul 3) (no presentation)
- Nordic Brain Microarrays - Saue, Tallinn, Estonia
- Finnish MA data analysis - May 26-27
- SocBin 2003, May 22-24, Helsinki
- EMBO Practical Course on Analysis and Informatics of Microarray Data 16-22, March 2003
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
- MicroArray Week, Kuopio 27.1.-31.1.2003 web
Mining the Functional Genomics Data
- Keeletehnoloogia päev -
Eesti keeletehnoloogia: tänased tulemused ja homsed visioonid 17.12.2002 Tartus.
Microarrays and Data Mining, 10 - 11 December 2002, EBI, Hinxton, UK (main organizer)
- Eesti Statistika Seltsi aastakonverents, Otepää
- MGED 5, Tokio, Japan September 24-27, 2002
- From Visions to Solutions, September 18-20, Pärnu, Estonia
- Estonian Computer Science Summer School, August 2002;
- EMBO course on Microarrays, Heidelberg (1-8.June 02).
- Bioinformatics and computational biology, Madrid 25. and 26 of April 2002;
- JPGD Journées de post-génomique de la DOUA 21-22.03.2002, Lyon, France
- MGED 4 in Boston 13-16. Feb. 2002. ArrayExpress talk [Powerpoint presentation]
- EMBO course in Hinxton (29.10.-3.11.01)
- EMBO course in Heidelberg (29.9-6.10)
- Gene Technology Forum 2001, Estonia, Tartu
- CoMBI summer course, Finland
- ISMB01 Copenhagen, July 21-25
- Berlin 28-30 June;
Bioinformatics workshop Amsterdam , June 25-27;
- Schola Biotheoretica, Estonia, May 2001
- ECNP, Nice 15-18. 03 2001
- MGED III, Stanford 29-30.03, 2001
- HUGO HGM2001, Edinburgh, April 19-22
- Lausanne, 1-2 March, 2001, Graduate Course, lecture + practicals
gzipped PostScript, 2 slides/page, 36 pages
- Uppsala, January 2001, Graduate Course, lecture + practicals
- Beyond the Identification of Transcribed Sequences: Functional and Expression Analysis
- EMBO course Genome Analysis by High Throughput Techniques 6.12.2000 Handouts
- Data mining in Bioinformatics: EBI Industry Associates programme workshop Nov. 1.-2., 2000
- EMBO course (DNA Microarrays: Applications and Data Analysis) Lecture, demo, and practicals, Oct. 31.2000
- Gene forum Tartu, Estonia (September 21.-22, 2000) (Estonian Genome Foundation)
- The third annual
bioinformatics symposium - Microarrays and datamining 11-12 Sep 2000 Helsinki (includes video).
- ISMB-2000 La Jolla, California - talk (August 2000)
- TRI-TRYP (18.-22.05) (presentation)
- MGED (25.-27.05) (poster)
- Gene prediction (1.-2.06) (poster)
- MASAMB - Mathematical and Statistical Aspects of Molecular Biology, April 4, 2000 (presentation)
- Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics Symposium in Turku, Finland (December 1999) (presentation)
- HUGO Microarray meeting in Tartu, Estonia June 1999 (about expression data analysis and EBI microarray database initiative) (presentation)
- Computational Biology seminar series, Cambridge, 8.3.2000 (gzipped Postscript, file size ~5MB)
- EBI seminar series, Hinxton, February 2000
- Presentation at Roche, January 2000
- Institute of Cybernetics, Tallinn - 2h seminar on Bioinformatics (Jan 6th 2000)
- Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics Symposium in Turku, Finland (December 1999)
- Biostandards meetings at EBI (September 1999, December 1999)
- Poster and demo at Conference on Data mining in Bioinformatics 1999, Hinxton
- Poster at Microarray meeting Arizona, USA, September 1999
- EBI Industry seminar on Pattern discovery, Dec. 1998. About suffix trees
and arrays, pattern discovery algorithm SPEXS.
- Institute of Cybernetics, Tallinn, Estonia - 2h seminar on Bioinformatics, January 6th, 2000
Comments, suggestions, improvement ideas etc. are warmly welcome.